As a destination school attracting families from across Greater Vancouver, and with our growing enrollment, getting to and from our school safely and in an orderly manner is of paramount importance. Please carefully read the instructions in the column on the right to ensure your child–and every other VTT student–benefits from the careful and considerate conduct of the each and every parent and adult. There are specific rules regarding drop-off, pick-up and neighbourhood parking that MUST be followed. These rules apply to every drop-off and pick-up — NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Whenever possible, use the school drive-thru located in the joint VTT-BI parkade. It is the most efficient and safest way to get your children to school.
- With the new VTT-BI parkade, VTT no longer has an agreed upon parking arrangement with Safeway. Parking in the King Edward Mall lot is at one’s own risk.
- If using the parkade drive-thru in the morning, arrive a little earlier. The parkade is quiet before 8:15 a.m. Arriving a little bit before allows you quick entry and exit.
- If using the parkade drive-thru in the afternoon, arrive a little later. School is dismissed at 3:20. By the time students collect their belongings, say goodbye to their friends, and make their way to the parkade, it is almost 3:30. By arriving later, you reduce the amount of congestion in the parkade
- Listen to the people directing traffic. They know what they are doing. They also want to keep everyone safe and keep the traffic flowing. Please respect their directions.
- For Preschool & Junior Kindergarten Half Day pick up, street parking on Oak Street is available from 9:30 AM to 3 PM.
- Parking in front of the main office is absolutely prohibited at all times.
Vancouver Talmud Torah supports carpooling. To ease both the traffic and time burden, contact Jennifer Shecter-Balin for help in finding carpooling partners.
The only way to safely and efficiently enter the parkade is from 26th Avenue. That is, all Talmud Torah vehicles must enter the parkade from 26th Avenue (heading east or west) and make the first right turn into the parkade (first gate). Talmud Torah families cannot enter the parkade from 28th Avenue.
While in the drive-thru, when all vehicles have stopped and it is safe to do so, students may exit their vehicles (from the passenger side). Drivers must remain in their vehicles at all times and must keep moving! VTT vehicles must exit the parkade through the second gate and turn left back onto 26th Avenue.
Once in the parkade, you have two choices:
The easiest, quickest and most efficient drop off method is to pull up to the curb and let your children out through the passenger side door. We strongly encourage families with children in Grades 2-7 to use this method as there are not enough spaces for everyone to park in the parkade. Our traffic team will assist your children out of their cars and ensure they safely enter the school. Students as young as kindergarten are capable of getting themselves into the school.
If you are planning to park—and spaces are limited—head towards P2. Families with younger children ONLY should be parking. Everyone else should use the drive thru.
Once you exit the parkade, you MUST TURN LEFT and head towards 26th Avenue. You can only turn RIGHT on to 26th Avenue.
During early dismissal Fridays, please do not park along the east side of Oak Street as this severely impedes the flow of traffic.